Saturday, April 30, 2016

Dating Friends

Not every Tinder and POF encounter has been disastrous. I actually have made a few friends. But I have been unsure how to write this next post. For one, the story is still ongoing and I don't know where it's headed and second, the guy involved is the brother of one of my friends. I'll refer to him as "Wesley Johnson" because my friend, his sister, still doesn't know about us. 

I met Wesley on POF almost exactly a year ago. I was browsing on the site and I came across his picture and I recognized him. I clicked on his profile and looked at the rest of his pictures and knew that he was my friend's brother. I messaged him asking if he was a Johnson. He replied skeptically, like wondering how I knew that. I explained that I was friends with his sister and he asked what my full name was. I told him and then he promptly replied that he didn't know who I was. Haha. I didn't expect him to so my feelings weren't hurt. We messaged back and forth a little bit with the standard get-to-know-you questions and then soon after I started a relationship with someone else and so we lost touch. After that relationship ended I went on Tinder again and came across Wesley's profile and I swiped right and we matched!

We picked up where we left off but this time with more serious intentions of actually getting together. I asked him what kind of girl he was looking for (we met on a dating app so obviously he's looking for something). He told me and I knew right away I wasn't the girl for him. I didn't exactly match his criteria. I was straightforward with him and told him that I wasn't a good match for what he was looking for, taking the chance that goodbye would be soon to follow. But he then said that he's sure we had some things in common and was still interested in going out even if nothing more than just friends. I wasn't looking for anything serious at the time and neither was he so this was perfect.

We finally set up a "date" and went and got sushi. I had never had it before but always wanted to try it. To my surprise (because I don't like fish) I ended up loving it! We were going to go to a movie too but there wasn't anything that either of us wanted to see so we went back to his place and picked one to watch from his extensive collection. It was a pretty fun night. We were really comfortable and relaxed with one another. We talked and laughed a lot. Things were easy between us and we just knew that it wasn't going to be the one and only time we saw each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment